Friday, December 9, 2011

The Return of the Baking-Jedy


Months ago I said that I will post on my "Le Cordon Bleu" course and I didn´t. Well, they say better late than ever …. So here I am!!!

At the beginning of the summer I joined LCB to attend the basic level of the Pastry Chef Diploma. I had a lot of expectations. I wanted to learn, from professional chefs, how to bake things, as simple and complicated at the same time, as croissants, brioche or charlotte cake… the bases of French baking. I also wanted to know much of a baker I had in me. Is this something that I want to make a career of?

Overall, I can say that mi time at LCB was fantastic. The facilities are amazing. The kitchens have every sort of tool that you can think of. Everything is spotless, and this is one of the big lessons. About the chefs, is such a pleasure to see the difficult techniques done in such a talented and gracious way.

I have also meet very nice people. Those people have a real passion for baking. This takes me to “the baker in me”.

Reality is that I do not see myself in bakery baking for living. I love baking, but baking at home, for family and friends. For the fun of it! And I love baking simple, innocent, comforting goods despite the fact that now I have the skills for a more challenging recipes.

So if you are thinking of joining the school I highly recommend it! The only negative is that from the first tasting with the chefs, you will think that any dessert in any restaurant is just not good enough!!!:-)

On another note, I am coming back to blog-land. I think I have figured out what do I want to tell and how to express it in images. This is going to be a big exercise of organization. I hope you have a little patient ….

By the way …. So happy to be back!!!

9 comments:

Isabel said...

Mariola, paisana!!! por fin te dejas ver, se te ha echado de menos!!! ;)

muydulcevinuesa said...

Mariola!!!!!!
Que ilusión tenerte otra vez por aqui!!!!!!
Seguiremos disfrutando de tus recetas y de tus fotografias!!!!!
Besos.

begoisla@hotmail.com said...

Finally you're back!!
I've missed you so much...

Monica said...

Welcome Back!!! I miss your posts. Fue genial verte ayer y ponernos al día :-) Me encantan las fotos de tus tartas de Le Cordon Bleu y la verdad que fue genial compartir contigo el curso de Básico. Ya te contaré que tal el examen y el curso superior.
Por cierto, si antes ya era bastante crítica con las cosas que venden por allí fuera, tanto en pastelerías como en restaurante, ahora es que es horrible jajaja ;-P

Cocina de nuestro tiempo said...

Mariola
Que bien lo pasamos ayer¡¡ como disfrute
Me ha encantado tu blog, es ideal y está super apetecible.
animate y no dejas de contarnos cosas.
Yo vendre por aqui para leer todo.
besitos
Patricia

Rhea said...

Welcome back!

I look forward to reading what you will be up to, both in the kitchen and home make-overs.

Anonymous said...

Alfio leaves and Turiddu calls Lucia back. [url=http://www.vanessasac.com]vanessa bruno sac [/url] It then followed him to Canada as part of his 'chattels' (because it was more than 12 years old). But, a lot of persons do not set it into action. How to use your body, how to push and how to pull and even use your body when it's not really legal.''.
Expect to find more off-brands and military surplus than top-of-the-line outdoor gear. [url=http://www.icanadagooseca.com]canada goose chilliwack bomber[/url] These kindergartens are trying their best to keep the ace in the field. [url=http://officialcanadagoosesoutlet.ca]canada goose outlet[/url]
http://flyballbags.com To use it succinctly Christian Louboutin Studded Shoes flat sale, while he / the woman therefore affluent ya goods which can be incidental to a lot of submitter distinct besides strain your artifact for a ideal the others, this can certainly not be regarded an harmful abstraction to venture to complex but still gives a fantastic pursuing henever property browse the true growth in your own personalized eyesight. [url=http://www.onlinebeatsbydreoutlet.com]custom beats pro case[/url]

Anonymous said...

It features a extremely important role within the purpose of the defense mechanisms, in tissue repair, cell alternative, as well as in bone strength. [url=http://www.vanessasac.com]Sac vanessa bruno[/url] Autumn has it own pleasures, though the canyon may run dry by then. Such is the overwhelming draw of this incredible food.. If you want to dress warmly for cold weather, the preferable option would be a black leather jacket, or a denim jacket, if you're into Thrash Metal from the 80s.
Carrying a bag of fresh strawberries, I walked on a few paces to Monmouth Coffee, where I bought a pack of Brazilian coffee beans, and enjoyed wonderful, friendly service at one of the best coffee shops in London. [url=http://www.icanadagooseca.com]canada goose parka[/url] They have got 2 thin antennas extending from other brain and a few shorter tails from other opposite end. http://officialcanadagoosesoutlet.ca
[url=http://flyballbags.com]canada goose online[/url] There is nothing new, on the other hand, all spring / summer 2011, based on the choice of the extreme colors, sounds typical summer, the warm colors or cool get creative depending on the shoe design, as it reached the case with fluorescent dyes the colors, the strike at first sight and experience of womanhood, a challenge has to be stressed and be glamorous, at the same time. [url=http://www.onlinebeatsbydreoutlet.com]beats by dre for sale[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.