Sunday, October 24, 2010

Zucchini & Ricotta Lasagna


Last Sunday, I came home from a wonderful ride with my horse. I prepared a cozy, simple lasagna with a zucchini from my Asturias garden. My sister came home to have lunch. We had the lasagna, which was very yummy.

After a short nap, we went for a long walk. The afternoon was sunny and warm. We walked around the lake and the Manzanares castle. http://www.manzanareselreal.org/turismo/

The entire walk I was amazed of how breathtaking was the view of the mountains, the lake and the castle.

Coming back home, I though what a simple and nice Sunday we had. I also realized how different this Sunday was from some Sundays ago.

For me Sunday meant laundry, ironing, packing, airport and traveling. I love my new Sundays. My horse, family, friends, home and cozy food. Nice change!!

This recipe is from “Everyday Food” from Martha Stewart. It is very simple and quick. I recommend it.

I hope you like it!

Ingredients

Serves 4

Olive oil, for baking dish

8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature

15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese

Coarse salt and ground pepper

2 medium zucchini, (8 ounces each) halved lengthwise, then sliced thinly crosswise

1 garlic clove, minced

2 teaspoons dried oregano

6 no-boil lasagna noodles

2 ounces shredded (1/2 cup) part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish; set aside.

In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and ricotta; season with salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, combine zucchini, garlic, and oregano; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.

Spread 1/3 zucchini mixture in prepared baking dish; top with two lasagna noodles, then 1/3 ricotta mixture. Repeat twice with remaining zucchini mixture, noodles, and ricotta mixture, finishing with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella.

Cover baking dish with aluminum foil; bake until bubbly and noodles are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove foil; bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.


5 comments:

Rhea said...

I just bought lasagna noodles today so I could make lasagna. I am going to try this recipe, it looks fabulous!

Juana said...

Mariola, tu lasagna es preciosa!, además con calabacin mejor que mejor!
De verdad está de diez!
Mil besitos preciosa y gracias por venir a verme!!!!

Unknown said...

I love to share with you your new Sunday. The lasagna was delicious and the ride was relaxing and cool.
K

Mariola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mariola said...

Rhea thanks for your comment !!

Juana es un placer pasar por tu blog!

Koiki thanks thanks!

bssss