Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tomato Tart Tatin


Long time no see!! I know it has been linger than usual. Good news is that I am getting my head around my new life and new schedules. Except for the last weekend that I worked (not everything is glamorous in fashion), I don’t have to do crazy hours. And this feels so nice!!!

It feels as nice as sleeping in my bed every night, having coffee in my own mug, listening to my favorite radio show, making plans with two weeks in advance ….. go figure!!!

So this year I wanted something different. Something that I have not done since I was 14 years old. I spent my birthday with my family!!! It was great to have them at home!!

I prepared a simple, cozy dinner. In this post you have a tomato tatin that I found in one the baking applications that I have in my IPad. So simple and yummy!

I hope you like it!


Ingredients

Serves 4

25 gr butter

1 tablespoon caster sugar

500 gr cherry tomatoes, halved

1 clove garlic, crushed

2 teaspoon white wine vinegar

salt and pepper


Pastry

250 gr plain flour sifted

pinch of salt

140 gr butter

1tbsp chopped oregano plus extra to garnish

5-6 tbsp cold water


Directions

Preheat the oven to 200ºc. Melt the butter in a heavy based pan. Add the sugar and stir over a fairly high heat until just golden brown.

Remove it from the heat and quickly add the tomatoes, garlic and white wine vinegar, Stirring to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.

Tip the tomatoes into a 23cm cake tin, spreading evenly.

For the pastry, place the flour, salt, butter and oregano in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.

Add just enough water to bind to a soft, but not sticky, dough.

Roll out the pastry to a 25cm round and place over the tomatoes, tucking in the edges. Pierce with a fork to let out steam.

Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and turn out onto a warmed serving plate.

Sprinkle the tarte tatin with chopped oregano, and serve warm.

7 comments:

Trini Altea said...

Nunca lo he prvado pero tiene que estar muy rico.

Isabel said...

Echaba de menos tus maravillas!!!
Ésta me ha encantado

Juana said...

Hola señora!!!, ya tardabas en volver!!!
Hice una tata tatin de tomate hace poco y la verdad es que es algo delicioso! :)
Te quedó maravillosa!!!
Me alegro de verte de nuevo preciosa mia!!!

Unknown said...

It was a great dinner, great food, great company.
And I want a Tomato Tatin for my b-day, please.

Ingrid said...

Mariola!! una tarta tatin salada!! que delicia y con tomatitos, me encanta, super original, muy vistosa y sabrosísima!!!!
No tardes tanto que te hechamos de menos!! :)
besoss guapa

Noelia said...

una delicia Mariola, acabo de conocer tu blog y ya me he hecho seguidora, un saludo desde

www.lasguisanderas.com

Mariola said...

Hola a Todas!!! Muchisisimas gracias a todas!! Y bienvenida Noelia!!